Below is a campaign that is being spearheaded to help continue ethical adoptions in Viet Nam. At this point the deadline of 9/1/08 still looms and we are still needing a referral before that date. We ask that you please read the below information and follow each step.Copy and paste the below into e-mails and send to everyone in your e-mail address book. It may be the one thing that allows adoptions to continue. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!
New adoptions from Vietnam to the U.S. will stop unless we act immediately.
The current Memorandum of Agreement (MOU) between Vietnam and the U.S. expires Sept 1, 2008. Unless a new agreement is in place before Sept 1, new adoptions from Vietnam to the U.S. will close.It took more than 2 years to negotiate the last MOU and we cannot let that happen again to the children in Vietnam.We urgently need your help. The Attached "Vietnam Child Rights Campaign" document provides detail of the issues and what you can do to ensure adoptions from Vietnam continue.Ask your Congressional Representatives to support immediate negotiations for a new adoption agreement between the US and Vietnam.Thank you for helping children in Vietnam to continue to find loving adoptive families in the U.S.
A Child’s Right Campaign for Vietnam
How You Can Help
1. Today, please read A Child’s Right Campaign for Vietnam at www.jcics.org.
2. Send an email in support of A Child’s Right Campaign for Vietnam to email@example.com.
a. Send your email no later than May 30th.
Your email will be included in a petition to Congress.
3. On June 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, please contact your Congressional Representatives and Senators and ask them to support A Child’s Right Campaign for Vietnam.
a. Call both of your U.S. Senators and your representative in the U.S. House of Representatives.
• You can find your Senators’ phone numbers and email address at www.senate.gov
• You can find your Representatives’ phone numbers and email address at www.house.gov
b. Include the following in your calls and emails.
• “I/we urge the Senator/Congressperson to join the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Co-Chairs and sign their letter to Secretary Condoleezza Rice in support of the recommendations found in Joint Council’s A Child’s Right Campaign for Vietnam.”
• If they have not heard about the Campaign, ask them to contact the Congressional Coalition for Adoption Institute at 202-544-8500 or Joint Council on International Children’s Services at 703-535-8045.
c. Send an email to everyone you called.
• The email is important, but the phone call should be placed first.