Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Family, Fun & Food

This past weekend we celebrated my Grandmother's 90th birthday. Affectionately called Mimi, she claims 7 grandchildren (all are girls but me, so she calls me the crowned Prince), and 8 great-grandchildren. Family from New Jersey, Illinois, Colorado and South Carolina joined to mark the ocassion. Of course, we had Sophie in every shot we could! My cousin Shaw did a slide show on her laptop of photos since Mimi was born (and some before) thanks to the great geneology research by my Mom! Tons of great photos, showing her past 90 years and all of her family and friends. A special moment near the end was a picture of Sophie! Tricia and I both started to cry. We wish Sophie could be at the party, but she will be home in time to celebrate Christmas with us and Mimi! Below are a couple of photos from the weekend. We all had a great time and it was fun to have everyone in town for the fun!


Mimi's Clan at the party

A rare family photo of my Mom and Pop with my sisters, neices and nephews..And Sophie! Everyone lives so far apart!

On the adoption front, we are hoping to have an update by the end of the week as to our I-600 submission. As soon as we do we will post! As the 9/1 deadline looms ever so close, our prayers are with those families still waiting on a referral. Please know that we think about you all!

~Hank


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great news re the I-600 submission!

You didn't think I would leave Sophie out of the family history slide show did you? She is officially part of the family as far as I am concerned :)

xxxooo