Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Face First

We are settling in. Lots going on around the house with Tricia's Mom and Dad, brother and Hank's Mom in town for Sophie's first Christmas. She is doing well, thinking major sensory overload. She is very affectionate to all those around her except Hank. She just screams when he tries to hold or interact with her when it is just the two of them. It will take some time as other families have experienced the same thing.
Sophie is getting into the American food thing. She had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and peas last night and loves her scrambled eggs. She did not sleep well last night, and had issues with going down on a mid-morning nap but has been sleeping like a rock of over an hour now. Thinking she is adjusting to the time with a dash of jet lag. We are getting the batteries and cameras ready for the big day tomorrow to see what Santa brings tonight!

Drawing with Grandma (Tricia's Mom Left) and Moots (Hank's Mom Right)

Helping Pop make eggs!

Too cold and icy to ride my Dora bike outside...so I ride inside!

Polishing off a bowl of Cheerios to find Lassie at the bottom

5 comments:

Gil and Cecile Velez said...

Christmas cheers from Manila! Browsing around blogosphere as we celebrate Christmas and led to your site... and started following your journey.

My wife and I lived and worked in Saigon for nearly five years and is an important part of our own journey.

Cheers,
Gil and Cecile

Dessie said...

miss you!! Happy Christmas eve!

Anonymous said...

I ate cheerios and found Lassie in that bowl 40+ years ago, Sophie!
Love you baby....
Aunt Diehnee

Cathy said...

Hank, I know exactly what you are going through. It did get better within the first two weeks at home. Just keep letting her know you love her and stay close. She'll open up to you soon. Can't wait to see the Christmas pics! Thomas

Anonymous said...

Hank and Tricia,
I started following your journey after my sister, Angie Uebel Wanner, whom Hank works/knows through Verizon told me about it and that she knew one of my neighbors. It is a beautiful story and I have loved reading it, the videos and photos. I am so glad that everything worked out and your all home for Christmas. Congratulations and Welcome Home!

Your neighbors down the street,
The Manis Family (with the JDRF shoe on the mailbox!)